Installing Norton AntiVirus 2001 with Windows XP
1) Download and save the Norton SymEvent patch from here.
2) Start the installation of NAV2001.
3) During Setup, uncheck the option to load AutoProtect at Startup
4) Disable the Run Live Update and Virus Scan options when setup completes.
5) When Setup is done, do not run any scans or Live Updates.
6) Locate the SymEvent patch you downloaded earlier and double click it to install.
7) When complete, reboot the computer. You can now load NAV 2001 and adjust its options to your liking.
This page last updated 06/03/2011 06:11
All material © Doug Knox